Wasilla Alaska Garden Adventures

Wasilla Alaska Garden Adventures - learning about gardening up north.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Springtime in Wasilla

It is about 50 degrees outside today but I am still waiting for the snow to melt in my front yard. My indoor salad garden is doing fine.


I harvested a large bowl of salad greens and had a huge salad for supper last night. Growing salad greens indoors at home is a no-brainer and should be on everybody's to-do list.


My seedling rack is full of planting trays and all of my broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and tomatoes are up and looking good. My peppers are just now starting to sprout and they usually take about a week longer to germinate.


I am glad that I waited about a month longer this year before starting my seeds indoors. With all of the snow that we received this winter season it looks like I will be waiting a while longer than I usually do for my garden to thaw out and warm up before I will be planting anything outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment