Wasilla Alaska Garden Adventures

Wasilla Alaska Garden Adventures - learning about gardening up north.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Seed Starting In Wasilla


Here in Wasilla timing is very important. The last week in May is usually the time we can safely move cold sensitive plants outside - and you can't be late or they may not have time to produce in our short summer. You don't want to be too early either - or you end up with large plants that take over your house and are just too big to easily move and transplant without damage.





I am trying many shorter bush or dwarf varieties to try and maximize my space inside my greenhouse and shorter hoop tunnels.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Too bad I don't follow that as I have about 45 tomatoes that are about 8" high in their solo cups ready to go. And I'm looking at about another 2-3 weeks before I can get them out!

    ReplyDelete